Apiculture Factsheet #003
Beekeeping Books and Periodicals
A large number of books are available to beekeepers. The most
common reference books can be purchased at your local beekeeping
supplier, or ordered from most bookstores through the internet.
Popular and widely used reference books include:
- "Honey Bee Diseases & Pests", 3rd Ed. Can. Assoc. Professional Apiculturists (CAPA)
- "Storey's Guide to Keeping Honey Bees", Malcolm T. Sanford, Storey Publishing
- "Beekeeping in Western Canada", Alberta Agriculture
- "The Hive and the Honeybee", Dadant and Sons
Inc., Hamilton, Illinois 62341
- "ABC to XYZ of Beekeeping", A.I. Root Co, Medina,
- "The Biology of the Honey Bee", M. L. Winston. Harvard
For local beekeeping suppliers, please refer to Factsheet #006.
There are numerous websites available on the internet focused on
every facet related to bees and beekeeping. Some useful